Monday, September 19, 2016

Merdeka Carnival UK 2016

I had a lot of things in mind. I save a lot of photos in my phones and all the wonderful thoughts thinking i should share but i never get it started. Was in SHOWER today, and was thinking that i don't get to eat Malaysian Food which i miss ALL the time, i am going to document it whenever i had the chance to have my favorite meal as a treat. 

Last Saturday (17th of September,2016), i had the opportunity to spend time with my family in countryside while attending Merdeka Carnival 2016 in Brickendonbury Estate, Hertfordshire (aka Tun Abdul Razak Research Centre) in conjunction of the celebration of Malaysian Independent day (31st Aug,1957) as well as Malaysian Day (16th Sept,1963). I always look forward to Merdeka Carnival because of its location (give me a chance to escape #londonlife) and also this occasion we get to see lots of Malaysian residing in the UK which sometimes we are deprived of (depending on the location you live haha), and not forgetting malaysian food feasting (Noms). 


Scenic views from Tunku Abdul Razak Research Centre. 

Brief introduction of Tun Abdul Razak Research Centre :

The Tun Abdul Razak Research Centre (TARRC), founded in 1938, is the UK-based research and promotion centre of the Malaysian Rubber Board, whose mission is to enhance the competitiveness and viability of the Malaysian Rubber industries in the global environment through focused R&D, effective transfer of technology and quality support services. 

Moving on. 

I was mostly distracted by the amount of people and my wonderful friends who came around to spend time with me so i didnt have enough time to indulge in some amazing foods. 





 I am very fortunate to have known Gabriel (from Kuching, in UK for more than 20 years) and that we share the same appetite. I guess all Malaysians do!! When we meet, we all talk about food alllllll the time! #beingmalaysian 




Another reunion with my beloved Esther. A friend a sister i get to know from a very close friend in Malaysia. Very fortunate to have someone like her to look up when you live far away from home. She is and will always be my inspiration. Also, not to mention our love for NASI LEMAK. We actually spend time hunting for the best Nasi Lemak around London! Will definitely share our adventure in future, InsyaAllah.

With another girlfriend of mine, Catherine. She is Malaysian born but grew up in the UK so can consider her being BBC(British Born Chinese)  or in her case BBM (British Born Malaysian.)




My choice of food this year! Nasi Kerabu always! IS hard to find amazing kampung food (since my grandparents are from the North of Malaysia), hence i gave in immediately when i saw them at the stall. Not to mention that they are amazingly good! I soon to find out that they owns a restaurant in London, of which me and Esther plan to visit one day! IF you are interested in Kelantanesse food do visit Malaysian Deli

That's all from my latest updates! 

Please do follow me on twitter for my latest update!. 

Before i leave, 
here is a brief introduction on Nasi Kerabu (Kelantan Herb Rice Salad) :

Nasi Kerabu is a Malay rice dish, a type of Salad rice, in which blue-colored rice is eaten with dried fish/fried chicken/fried beef (daging bakar), crackers, pickles and other herb salads. The blue color of rice resulting from the petals of butterfly-pea flower used in cooking it. The rice can also be cooked with plain white rice or rice cooked using tumeric. 

Nasi Kerabu is very popular in the east coast states of Peninsular Malaysia such as Kelantan and Terengganu.
Source : Wikipedia

IF you 'd like to know how to make them please do visit this blog : Justasdelish.com


No comments:

Post a Comment